Rivermont And Your Life ABA Celebrate the Opening of its New Campus
Posted: September 15, 2022 | Written By: Melody Gopee | Category:
Rivermont and Your Life ABA are thrilled to host an open house event to celebrate the opening of its Northern Neck campus.
Meet teachers, therapists, and other team members, and learn how our special education and clinical therapy services support students ages 5-22 in grades kindergarten through 12 with special needs, including those associated with autism spectrum disorder and behavioral challenges. Rivermont and Your Life ABA focus on the whole individual. This campus’s unique partnership of educational and therapy services provides families with a one-stop location for both educational and clinical programming.
The event is free and open to the public. It will be on Wednesday, October 12 from 2-5 p.m. at 414 Main Street, Warsaw, Virginia 22572. Light refreshments will be served.
The Northern Neck campus marks 14 Rivermont schools and seven Your Life ABA clinics in Virginia.
The new 11,000 square foot facility and campus features:
- Educational and clinical therapy services to help students with autism, emotional support needs, or other unique learning disabilities.
- 10 classrooms designed to meet the students socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Playground custom built to serve students with special needs so that they can engage in free play activities.
- Reading Room focused on literacy where students can learn hands on.
- Sensory room designed to engage student’s senses using special lighting, music, and different textured objects.
- Life skills apartment to teach students fundamental skills such as cooking, laundry, making the bed, and more.
- Individual and group counseling where students can improve their ability to function in social, emotional, and behavioral capacities.
- Transition programming that offers career preparation, community-based vocational training, and social and daily living skills development.
The new school and clinic opening in the community is the result of a three-year partnership between clinical and school leadership and Northern Neck community and district members to bring much needed services to the area.
“I’m proud that after many years of working alongside the school, community, and government leaders, we can officially open our doors to families in Northern Neck,” said Beth Ackerman, Senior Vice President of Operations for Rivermont and Your Life ABA. “I look forward to supporting and serving our Northern Neck team in helping our students and clients progress towards their goals and build the self-confidence, pride and joy that come with learning new skills.”
To RSVP for the open house event, please click here.
Want to be notified of new articles and resources from Your Life ABA? Click here to submit your email and opt into our newsletter.